You can renovate your bathroom in a myriad of unique ways, and whatever you decide is likely to up the value of your home. But where do you begin, and what design elements should you focus on?
It’s no surprise that in 2021, bathroom remodeling projects were a priority for American families. Bathrooms provide us with a place to unwind and wash away the day’s stresses. Today, more and more residents want their bathroom space to feel like a spa. Additionally, many homeowners want to address the size of their bathroom. We all require plenty of storage for cosmetics, toiletries, towels and paper products, but these can quickly clutter the space. When it comes to selling your home or revamping your bathroom, you may want to make it appear larger than it actually is. With a few tricks in your toolkit, you’ll be able to get the most out of your space and achieve a higher ROI.
6 Tricks to Make Your Bathroom Appear Larger
You can make your bathroom look larger in an endless number of ways. To find what’s right for you, we encourage you to get creative and experiment with changes to the space. However, these tips should give you a few ideas to get started:
- Install Glass Shower Doors. Nothing cuts off space in a bathroom more than a traditional curtained shower. To mitigate this issue, consider hiring a company to install frameless glass shower doors. These will reflect light in your bathroom and create a seamless, elegant look you’ll love. If you have unique fixtures or mosaic tiles in your shower, this is a great way to show them off, too. Add glass entry doors to the mix if you want to go the extra mile.
- Hang Plenty of Mirrors. When mirrors reflect a space, they create an immediate maximizing effect. There’s no simpler way to extend the look of your bathroom. In order to achieve great results, we suggest multiple mirrors, behind-the-door mirrors, and full-length mirrors. You could even cover an entire wall with mirrors. The more, the merrier!
- Choose Light Colors or Utilize Contrast. Dark colors are fine in moderation. Painting a whole room a dark shade of burgundy or forest green, on the other hand, will make it feel boxed-in. Instead, choose bright, illuminating colors and high-gloss paint to reflect more light. If you want to incorporate dark colors, make sure there’s plenty of contrast. For instance, dark tiles set against white walls create a beautiful, larger-than-life appearance.
- Amplify the Light in Your Bathroom. Dim spaces tend to look diminished and smaller to the eye. To combat this issue, allow plenty of natural light to enter the space through windows. If your bathroom doesn’t have any windows, install extra lighting fixtures and back-lit mirrors to create more dimension in the space.
- Extend the Height of Shower Curtains. Many homeowners have to save up to afford bathroom remodeling projects. If you’re waiting to install frameless glass shower doors, try raising your shower curtain in the meantime. Extending the curtain to the top of your ceiling will lengthen the look of the walls.
- Declutter the Space. Make-up, towels, linens, and bottled products can turn a beautiful bathroom into a disorderly one. The more stuff you have, the smaller your space will look. Installing extra shelving, shower nooks or hidden shelves behind mirrors is a great way to create more storage space. You’ll be shocked at how much more spacious your bathroom will feel afterward!
River Glass Designs Can Help Make Your Bathroom Appear Larger – Here’s How
Homeowners everywhere have small bathroom spaces such as powder rooms that they want to enhance. At River Glass Designs, we can help you modify your bathroom to make it look larger. We offer glass products such as mirrors and frameless shower doors that can make your space more functional and give you a look you’ll love. In four easy steps, we’ll work with you to customize a design plan and make your vision come to life.
- Initial Meeting to discuss your ideas, give you an honest estimate and take accurate measurements of the space
- Review Design and Pricing to present our timeline and inform you of pricing options
- Installation to set your frameless shower doors, glass entry doors or mirrors in place
- Project Completion to ensure that you are 100% satisfied and make any necessary final touches
Partner with River Glass Designs Today and Transform Your Home
River Glass Designs is an award-winning, locally-owned company serving Washington, DC. We offer a wide variety of custom glass products and services for both residential and commercial customers throughout the Washington, D.C. area, including mirrors, glass entry doors, frameless showers, semi-framed and framed showers. If you are interested in learning more about our glass products, call us today at 301-977-3020.
Categorised in: Bathroom Design