7 Ways to Use Back Painted Glass in Your HomeApril 20, 2022
When people think of glass as it relates to interior design, they often picture transparent or opaque surfaces like windows, mirrors and shower doors. However, homeowners often forget that glass can be colored to achieve a whole new look. Colored glass is typically viewed as a trendy choice, but in many environments, it can appear elegant and highly original. Best of all, colored glass provides added flair while maintaining the same durability as transparent glass. This type of fixture can be used for a wide variety of purposes in both residential homes and commercial spaces.
What is Back Painted Glass?
As the name implies, back painted glass refers to glass that has been painted on the backside to deposit vivid color on the surface. Once painted, the glass no longer appears completely transparent from the front side. While back painted glass is normally chosen for its aesthetic purposes, it also comes with a broad range of benefits. For example, this style of glass is known for its durability, limited maintenance and its ability to endure high temperatures and moisture.
7 Ways to Use Back Painted Glass in Your Home
Homeowners may be surprised to know that back painted glass can be used in a number of unique ways. These can include:
- Glass showers. Back painted glass holds up particularly well when exposed to moisture and steam, which makes it a great choice for shower doors and walls. Depending on the color you choose, it can also reduce the degree of transparency for enhanced privacy.
- Walls. If you’re getting tired of applying new paint every few years, back painted glass panels are a great option throughout the home. In addition, they can completely transform a space to give it a more modern edge.
- Countertops. Glass is always an excellent choice for countertops because it’s durable and easy to clean. While other surfaces like granite and marble can be temperamental, glass is also easy to maintain. Back painted glass also gives homeowners the chance to showcase their personality and spruce up their countertops.
- Kitchen backsplashes. Back painted glass is a popular choice when it comes to kitchen backsplashes. Your kitchen can get messy while cooking, and stains can be a nuisance on painted walls. Back painted glass removes this problem and reflects natural light, making kitchen spaces look bright and colorful.
- Accent pieces. Are there too many blank walls in your home? Perhaps you can’t find the right artwork for the space, but you know you want a sleek, modern design. Back painted glass can make for a simple, yet beautiful accent piece in any home.
- Marker boards for offices. Office spaces can appear dull if business owners don’t take the time to install artwork and added features like back painted glass. This type of glass is particularly useful in conference rooms because it can function as a marker board. The colored background allows markers to stand out on the surface.
- Room partitions and doorways. In commercial environments, business owners want their products to stand out. The next time you visit a mall, take a look around and examine all the different doorways you encounter. More than likely, doors with back painted glass installed will grab your attention. Back painted glass is also a great choice for home gyms and playrooms.
Our Back Painted Glass at River Glass Designs
At River Glass Designs, we take pride in our expertly designed back painted glass. Unlike other companies that spray color on the glass, we chemically bond hues to reinforce the strength of the glass. We also perform quick, secure installations for our customers. Before we begin any project, one of our glass specialists will meet with you to discuss your budget and specifications. From there, we’ll measure your space and design a back painted glass structure you’ll enjoy for years to come.
No matter what color you select, we can fabricate a back painted glass structure that will perfectly suit your personality. As the premiere glass design shop in the Washington, D.C. area, we have helped countless customers bring their vision to life. We encourage you to contact us today or fill out a quick form on our site to receive a free, no-obligation quote.
Our back painted glass comes with a 10-year guarantee against cracking, bubbling, fading or peeling. Reach out to one of our customer service representatives to learn more.
We Can Install Your Back Painted Glass with Care
River Glass Designs is an award-winning, locally-owned company serving Washington, DC. We offer a wide variety of custom glass products and services for both residential and commercial customers throughout the Washington, D.C. area, including mirrors, glass entry doors, frameless showers, semi-framed and framed showers. If you are interested in back painted glass, call us today at 301-977-3020.
Categorised in: Colored Glass, Custom Glass Work
Comments are closed here.