Not all doors have to be alike. Homeowners have more options than they’re aware of, especially when it comes to glass. Why not try something new that expresses your personal style? While translucent glass itself is a beautiful option, frosted glass doors offer something even more unique. This style of glass provides an elegant, enigmatic look, and it offers added privacy benefits. Our customers love how frosted glass improves the appearance of their home and commercial spaces.
At River Glass Designs, our team of experts will craft, customize, and gently install your frosted glass doors. No matter what type of design you’re looking for, we can create something you’ll love for years to come. We have been delivering our glass products to homes and businesses in the DMV area for years. There’s no better company to put your trust in. Get in touch with us today or fill out a quick form to obtain a free, no-obligation quote.
The Benefits of Frosted Glass Doors
Frosted glass doors aren’t just beautiful to look at, they’re also highly functional. You can use them in a variety of spaces throughout your home or commercial business. They’re the perfect choice for showers, front doors, patio doors, conference rooms, gyms and more. Additionally, frosted glass doors provide a broad range of benefits for everyone to enjoy:
- Gain privacy. Sometimes, you want the elegance of glass without the transparency. Let’s say you own an upscale fitness center, for instance. You want to protect your members’ privacy, but you want the space to look appealing and welcoming. Perhaps you want passers-by to be curious about what services you offer. This way, onlookers can get a glimpse of what’s going on without invading anyone’s privacy. Plus, frosted glass doors add an aura of mystery and intrigue to any location.
- Limit energy consumption. With frosted glass, you’ll still enjoy plenty of natural lighting. At the same time, the frosted effect reduces the amount of direct sunlight that can pass through. This means the room won’t absorb too much heat or trap cold air. With frosted glass doors, you won’t have to adjust your thermostat too much. In the long run, this should prevent higher energy costs and reduce your footprint.
- Easy to maintain. Compared to other options, glass is incredibly simple to clean and maintain. Frosted glass is no different. All you need is a nonabrasive cloth and non-toxic cleaning solution to use regularly. Wipe down your doors about once a week to ensure they stay fresh and attractive.
- Customizable design options. At River Glass Designs, we can design your frosted glass project in any number of ways. We can even create etched glass and design interesting patterns to give your space a unique, striking flair.
Options for Frosted Glass Doors
Frosted glass doors can be modified to suit your exact specifications. Many of our customers are surprised to know there are so many customization options for frosted glass. The possibilities are truly endless. In fact, various techniques are used to create frosted glass doors. These include:
- Sandblasted glass: With this method, specialists used sand to wear down the glass and give it an opaque look.
- Acid-etched glass: Hydrochloric acid is placed on each side of your doors, creating a lovely frosted texture.
- Ceramic frit silk screened glass: This approach allows glass technicians to paint ceramic directly onto the glass doors. Clients typically select this option for more artistic, colorful projects.
- Applied translucent film: Glass projects shouldn’t have to break your budget. If you’re looking to cut costs while enjoying the benefits of frosted glass, an applied film might be the right choice. Applied films also help to insulate indoor spaces.
- Translucent interlayer laminated glass: By placing a translucent interlayer between two glass panels, designers can create the familiar “frosted” effect homeowners love. In addition, this alternative is extremely durable.
At River Glass Designs, we install frosted glass doors that can be customized any way you would like. Prior to your installation, a trained professional will review your budget plan, verify measurements and fabricate the glass to suit your needs. Once as your installation is complete, we will communicate with you to ensure we have met your expectations. Are you interested in starting a project with us? If you have an idea in mind, we’d love to hear more about it!
Our frosted glass doors come with a one year full workmanship warranty. Contact one of our customer service representatives for more information.
We Can Install Your Frosted Glass Doors with Care
River Glass Designs is an award-winning, locally-owned company serving Washington, DC. We offer a wide variety of custom glass products and services for both residential and commercial customers throughout the Washington, D.C. area, including mirrors, glass entry doors, frameless showers, semi-framed and framed showers. If you are looking for frosted glass doors, call us today at 301-977-3020.
Categorised in: Custom Glass Work