When you are designing your new bathroom or planning your remodel, one of the most critical decisions you will make is the design of your shower. If you want to elevate your bathroom and match any interior design aesthetic, choosing a frameless shower door is a great idea. Once you have narrowed things down to frameless doors, however, you still have plenty of decisions left to make! Here are some of our best tips for choosing the right frameless shower door for your bathroom.
3 Tips for Choosing the Right Frameless Shower Door for Your Bathroom
- Think about the type of shower door that you want to use. At River Glass Designs we offer traditional and hinged frameless shower doors, but each one has its own pros and cons. If you will be installing the door on a shower that has a tub attached to it, that might change the door design that is best for you. If you aren’t sure which designs are best for different shower and bath styles, our team can guide you through all of your options and show you our portfolio for inspiration.
- Take time to think about what glass texture would be best for the space. Clear glass is the most popular choice for a frameless shower door, as you get to enjoy the beauty of the glass and make your space appear even larger than it is. However, some people prefer frosted or patterned glass to offer more privacy for when they are in the shower. We can walk you through different treatment options that can increase the privacy of your frameless shower or offer a different look. Some of the most popular texture choices include:
- Clear glass doors (the most popular option)
- Frosted or opaque glass doors that offer a little bit more privacy
- Tinted glass shower doors that can be slightly tinted to better match your bathroom design
- Rain glass shower doors that have a texture on the inside and a rain-like pattern on the outside
- Textured shower doors that can include a broad range of patterns and designs depending on what you want your frameless shower door to look like
- Think about the rest of your bathroom when you are choosing the right track finish and hardware for your frameless shower door. In general, you should try to coordinate the hardware with the rest of your bathroom and the other pieces that are present, like the handles on your cabinets or your plumbing fixtures. If you are remodeling your bathroom entirely or starting your remodel with the shower, you can branch out and try something totally new as a fresh start.
What Are the Benefits of Frameless Shower Doors?
At River Glass Designs, we help many homeowners experience the benefits of having a frameless shower door in their homes. Some of the biggest benefits include:
- They can be customized to match any size shower, so they are fantastic if you have a uniquely sized bathroom or shower stall area
- Frameless shower doors offer more natural and artificial light flow, which can improve your safety in the shower and ensure that you have plenty of light available
- A frameless shower door is easier to clean when compared to shower curtains, which reduces the chance of mildew and mold growth or accumulation in your bathroom
- Sliding glass or hinged frameless shower doors help your bathroom to feel bigger than it does otherwise, as there will be no shower curtain that cuts off your sightline and closes off the flow of the space
- Frameless shower doors are absolutely beautiful, and they are a great way to elevate the look of your space in an instant and coordinate with any interior design style that you love
If you are ready to explore getting a frameless shower door for your bathroom, River Glass Designs is here to help. We have over 20 years of experience designing and installing gorgeous showers for residents throughout Maryland, and we have innovative, award-winning glass designs. We go above and beyond to provide an enjoyable, stress-free experience from start to finish so that you can focus on other parts of your bathroom remodeling project instead of the details. If you are ready for a quote on a new frameless shower today, contact River Glass Designs to learn more.
Where Can You Find Frameless Shower Doors?
River Glass Designs is an award-winning, locally-owned shower door company serving Washington, DC. We offer a wide variety of custom shower products and services for both residential and commercial customers throughout the Washington, D.C. area, including frameless showers, semi-framed and framed showers. If you are looking for frameless shower doors for your bathroom, call us today at 301-977-3020.
Categorised in: Uncategorized