Should You Convert Your Bathtub to a Shower?February 10, 2023
Remodeling your bathroom is a great way to increase the value of your home, but it can be hard to decide what changes to make. One popular option for homeowners is converting their bathtub into a shower. This change can completely transform the look and feel of your bathroom and make it more functional too. Let’s take a closer look at some of the factors to consider when deciding if converting your bathtub to a shower is right for you.
Evaluate Your Needs & Space Availability
The first step in determining if you should convert your bathtub to a shower is evaluating what you need from your bathroom space. Do you prefer soaking in the tub or standing up? Are you looking for an easy-to-maintain surface that won’t require regular scrubbing? Do you have children who need to safely access the tub? Answering these questions will help you determine whether it’s best for you to keep the tub or convert it into a shower. Additionally, consider how much space your current layout takes up and whether switching from a tub to just a shower would provide better use of the area.
Get Professional Help & Input
Ultimately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer when it comes to deciding whether or not converting your bathtub into a shower is right for you— each situation varies greatly depending on individual needs, preferences, budget constraints, etc. That’s why getting professional input can be incredibly helpful in making this decision—a qualified designer like River Glass Designs can provide insight into where money must be spent in order maximize return on investment as well as suggestions about which type of fixtures and finishes will best fit both your style preferences and budget restrictions alike!
- More space: Showers typically take up less space than bathtubs, making them a great choice for small bathrooms. By converting your bathtub to a shower, you can free up space in your bathroom and make it feel more spacious.
- Increased functionality: Showers are often faster and more convenient than baths, especially if you’re in a hurry. They also allow you to conserve water, as showers typically use less water than baths.
- Improved accessibility: If you have mobility issues, converting your bathtub to a shower can make your bathroom more accessible. Walk-in showers are much easier to use than bathtubs and can help you stay safe and comfortable.
- Increased value: Updating your bathroom with a new shower can increase the value of your home. This can be especially beneficial if you’re planning to sell your home in the future.
- Cost: Converting a bathtub to a shower can be expensive, especially if you hire a professional contractor. You’ll need to consider the cost of the new shower, as well as any necessary plumbing and electrical work.
- Difficulty of installation: Installing a shower can be a complicated process, especially if you’re not experienced with plumbing or electrical work. If you’re not comfortable with this type of work, it’s best to hire a professional contractor.
- Loss of a bathtub: Bathtubs can be relaxing and enjoyable to use, and converting your bathtub to a shower means that you’ll no longer have this option.
- Impact on resale value: While updating your bathroom can increase your home’s value, it’s important to consider the impact that removing your bathtub may have on resale value. In some cases, having a bathtub in your home can be seen as a luxury, and removing it could negatively impact the value of your home.
River Glass Designs can Help Transform Your Home’s Bathroom
In conclusion, converting a bathtub to a shower can be a great way to update your bathroom and make it more functional. But it’s important to consider the pros and cons before making this change. Weigh the costs, benefits, and potential impact on resale value to determine if this is the right choice for your home. River Glass Designs specializes in shower and bathtub design and installation, so we can help you make the decision that is best for your home. Contact us today at 301-977-3020 to learn more about our services.
Categorised in: Bathroom Design
Comments are closed here.